Garlic for Acne Scars
How healthy and fitness substances are beneficial to our bodies cannot be told just by the look. There are some types of ingredients that smell incredibly disgusting yet can do wonders in adding flavor to your food. A plant that easily comes to mind is the famous garlic. However, the usefulness of this plant does not just end at that. It has even more useful and highly effective uses in treating skin infections, particularly acne. It does this by working both internally and externally as a topical treatment and an ingestible remedy.
The antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties of garlic make it even more useful in clearing ice picks and boxcars on the skin. Such formations on the skin are what are referred to as scars and they greatly tamper with fitness of your skin.
Here are a few health and fitness recipes to use in concocting a remedy for your scars using the wonder plant.
- The first thing to do is wash your face using a mild cleanser. This would eliminate all residual contaminants on the skin surface and allow seeping of the active ingredients of the remedy. Do this twice a day. Warm water is the best to use instead of cold water. Thereafter pat you skin dry using a soft, dry towel. You are now ready for the next step.
- One clove can be used. Grate it finely and mix with about 2 tbsp. of water. This mixture is directly applied on the skin using a circular motion. Action of the cloves serves to exfoliate the skin. This eliminates dead skin cells on the surface.
- Through exfoliation, the remedy is able to remove the top layer of skin that is affected by ice picks leaving behind a soft, smooth layer of skin. Unwanted oils and harmful bacteria are also eliminated.
- Let the application stay on for not more than 5 minutes. Finally wash it off using warm water.
- This facial mask should be used continually 3 times a week so as to get the full benefits of the treatment which takes some time to give positive results.
A second preparation includes use of honey and olive oil.
- Mix 2 tsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. honey and one clove. The quantity to use may vary depending on the size of the area in question, but the ratios remain the same.
- This application can be left on the skin for a much longer time than the clove only remedy. It can stay on for about 20 minutes. However, take note that it can cause irritation, in which case rinse it off earlier than the recommended 20 minutes. Eventually, rinse it off your skin using warm water.
It is important to realize that garlic that has undergone digestion has no adverse on our immune system for it learns that only fewer antibodies are required to fight any infection that arises. Similarly, rubbing garlic on your skin has no effect at all. Some people view it as unhealthy due to the smell that puts them off. But the truth is garlic enhances health and fitness.